HVAC and resolutions, is that actually a thing? Well, we think so, and here’s why. A resolution is a firm decision to do or not to do something, and with your HVAC, its needs and practices, you have the ability to do or not do many things.
In this blog post we’ll talk about four resolutions that you should have for 2016. Don’t worry, they’re easy and they won’t cost you much.
- (Every 90 Days) Change your air filters: Changing your filters is one of the simplest ways to keep your air ducts clean, which allows air flow to be efficient and clear.
- (Always) Keep AC/heat units clear of debris: Debris that interferes with either your AC or heat unit can be cause for disasters, including worse air flow, fire hazard, or excess motor work (decreasing the life of the unit).
- (Annually) Replace your carbon monoxide detector battery: This is simple, and smart. By replacing your batteries annually you minimize the opportunity for the detector to malfunction.
- (Annually) Tune up (assess) your equipment: A quick assessment and tune up of either a heating or cooling unit can save you time, money, and hassle, should things be deteriorating. A quick tune up is inexpensive and proactive; the perfect resolution.
So as you enter into 2016, make a few resolutions that you can keep, and that will save you both financially and emotionally. It’s easy, effective, and beats going to the gym!
Here’s to an amazing 2016!!!
- A R Engh Heating & Cooling Team